We're back - following new Government guidelines regarding property visits12/05/20
From Monday 11th May, we are pleased to advise that we are now able to conduct property viewings and valuations at occupied and unoccupied properties whilst adhering to strict government and social distancing guidelines.
Find out more about the guidelines below or contact our sales or rental team to arrange a visit.
Government of Jersey Guidelines Regarding Property Visits
Issued - 11th May 2020
When planning and carrying out property viewings, valuations, or rental inspections the following conditions should be observed and met by all parties involved:
Prior to visiting the property all prospective buyers or tenants should provide Le Gallais with all contact details.
All relevant parties (agent, property owner, property occupier, purchaser, surveyor, etc) should provide a declaration to the business that they are not showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
The property visit cannot be carried out if any property occupier is isolating either because they have COVID-19, are symptomatic, or are shielding because they are severely vulnerable to COVID-19. Le Gallais is responsible for confirming this prior to the property visit.
All property visits should be carried out at an appointed time by one business representative only.
Le Gallais will hold a log of all property visits undertaken.
Not more than one agent and two vendors or purchasers (adults only) will be present at any one property visit.
The viewing will be deemed to be part of the client's permitted time outside the house and the total permitted contacts from outside their household in line with the Government of Jersey guidance.
Viewings should be undertaken at an empty property wherever possible. Where this is not possible the viewing should coincide with the homeowner or usual occupant’s permitted time outside the house in line with the Government of Jersey guidance.
The property owner is responsible for cleaning the premises before the visit – as a minimum, this must include the cleaning of surfaces that are regularly touched, and those which the agent will have to touch, such as door handles and light switches.
The property owner should open all appropriate doors and cupboards prior to the viewing.
Paper copies of the property details should not be supplied to potential purchasers.
During the property visit
All necessary precautions should be taken during the viewing including:
- Maintaining a physical distance of 2 metres with those outside your household at all times.
- Sanitising hands on arrival and departure, Le Gallais will be responsible for providing hand sanitiser at the entrance to the property.
- Clients are advised not to touch anything at the property and should provide their own PPE.
- Le Gallais representative should wear gloves and try to ensure that only they touch surfaces, including door handles and light switches.
- Le Gallais representative should clean anything that it has been necessary to touch with disinfectant wipes as they move around the property.
- Viewings should be no more than twenty minutes in duration.
- Wearing of cloth face masks is encouraged.
It is the responsibility of the Le Gallais Estates to ensure that their clients are made aware of the above conditions and that they adhere to them.
If it is not possible to adhere to the above conditions, then the property visit will not go ahead.